Ensurance of Quality of Service
PSL has an established:
- Corporate Value System;
- Documented Standard Operating Procedures for our Key Processes;
- Fully Insured Processes;
- Post Service Customer Feedback;
- Systematic Recruitment;
- Evaluation and Retraining of Our Operational Staff and Employees Code of Conduct/Ethics;
- Health,Safety & Environmental Policy;
- Performance-Based Reward System;
- Subscription to Industry Regulatory and Advisory Best Practices.
As listed above, we are fully subscribed to all applicable regulatory and advisory directives of the relevant professional and governmental authorities within the industry, including Association of Nigerian Customs Licensed Agents (ANCLA); Council for The Registration of Freight Forwarders in Nigeria (CRFFN), International Aviation and Travel Agencies (IATA), Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) etc.
Every employee undergoes a comprehensive induction process, regardless of the level of experience or qualification. This ensures team blending and harmony right from the onset. Subsequently, each staff passes through formal training to bridge any gaps identified.
In addition to the above, we have executed valid and current insurance policies or arrangements to mitigate risks and losses foreseeable along our main operating frontiers. These include:
- Goods-In-Transit (GIT)
- Professional Indemnity Policy
- Group Workmen’s Compensation Plan
- Burglary, Fire and Special Perils Policy
HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY FOR PSL
PSL is committed to the protectio of the health and safety of our employees, our customer’s employees, and the general public. We believe that incidents and injuries are preventable, and that a job is only well done if it is done safely. We have Health, Safety and Environmental policies in place, and have a Safety Management System in operation.
Our goals are to:
- Prevent workplace incidents and injuries.
- Respect for the Environment
- Continually improve our health and safety performance.
- Professional in the performance of functions.
- Foster a culture in which all employees, partners, contractors and subcontractors share this commitment to health and safety and the environment.
- Always manage our operations in the safest manner, by recognizing and assessing hazards and applying effective controls.
- Make safe conduct a condition of employment.
- Always comply with health and safety legislation and guidelines.
- Ensure our managers and supervisors provide the tools, supervision, training and resources needed for our employees to work safely.
- Ensure our employees work safely.
- Involve all employees in our health and safety management system.
- Review our health and safety performance regularly, evaluate performance information and communicate performance to all employees.
- Learn from our experiences to prevent future incidents.
- Ensure that our formalized health and safety management system remains current with industry best practices.
- “Our goal is to conduct our business in a way that protects the environment. PSL staff has a responsibility to give their best efforts to achieve this goal. We are committed to do this through our policy principles.”
- Consequently, PSL plans and conducts their operations, according to sound environmental principles. They are to strive always to carry out work in the manner best calculated to minimize any adverse environmental effect, to prevent pollution of any kind, and are actively to seek ways of reducing environmental damage.
- PSL staff thinks PROFESSIONALISM.
- Where our operations, our conduct or our existence is subject to specific laws or regulations, our company will comply fully with all such applicable laws and regulations, and if possible will exceed the minimum requirements because this is good business practice. Special attention will be paid to ensure compliance with international conventions and regulations which apply offshore. In the absence of legislation our company will adhere to appropriate corporate standards.